Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes and helps to explain why each role and every project at Audible has our customer in mind.
Since its founding in 1995, Audible remains a company that has been defined by its entrepreneurial spirit. The company is led by pioneers and inventors who are not afraid to disrupt the status quo, and who apply that innovative approach to everything they do—from revolutionizing an art form to enacting positive change in the cities and countries in which Audible operates. We work backwards from big visions and we value shared honesty—building the deepest comradery and trust and, through it, a more meaningful work experience.
When Audible moved to Newark in 2007, we made it our mission to directly improve the lives of students, entrepreneurs and residents across Newark, as well as encourage employees to live, serve and play in the city. Redressing urban inequality has become a core purpose — it’s enshrined in our company principles — and we launched the Global Center for Urban Development to create innovative initiatives that can become blueprints for companies worldwide.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We’re looking for a talented and experienced attorney to act as counsel for our growing audiobook self-publishing service. The Corporate Counsel will collaborate with the business team on a broad range of matters, including strategic initiatives, high-profile escalations, user experience, conflict resolution, communications, and day-to-day legal advice. The role is based in Newark, NJ. Some travel, domestic and international, may be required.
As Corporate Counsel, you will...
· Partner with cross-department stakeholders including business affairs, finance, customer service, communications and other teams to advise on risks and issues involving a wide range of legal areas.
· Structure and draft a variety of agreements.
· Work closely with internal stakeholders to update and implement policies and procedures.
· Manage internal and external escalations.
· Anticipate sources of abuse and working with cross-functional teams to develop mitigation strategies.
· Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree and membership in good standing in at least one state bar.
· 5+ years of legal experience (with several years at a leading law firm or in-house at a leading corporation).
· Excellent communication and writing skills.
· Attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgement in ambiguous situations.
· Ability to effectively collaborate and build relationships with attorneys and business leaders throughout the organization.
· Enthusiasm and appreciation for the indie publishing community and Audible’s brand and products as a leader in the audio spoken word landscape.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.