Work hard, have fun, make history. That's what we do every day at Amazon. Would you like the opportunity to work on projects that impact all of our unique and cutting-edge lines of business? Do you enjoy interfacing with teams around the globe? As Corporate Counsel, Real Estate, you will work with Amazon’s existing real estate attorneys to support Amazon’s NA Operations and Fulfillment teams and partner with them to lease, launch and manage Amazon's NA Operations and Fulfillment facilities.
This position structures, drafts and negotiates agreements, manages outside counsel, and counsels internal business clients on:
· Sourcing operations, fulfillment and transportation facilities, including acquisitions, leasing agreements (both existing facilities and build-to-suits), and land use and zoning issues;
· Property management agreements;
· Construction agreements;
· Procurement contracts; and
· Other commercial transactions, ranging from standard contracts to complex, high-dollar-value transactions.
The role also provides day-to-day business and real estate law counseling; identifies opportunities for and implements process improvements; administers and resolves legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships; and handles pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
· J.D. degree from an accredited law school and active membership in one state bar is required
· 5+ years of legal experience (with at least three years at a law firm) as a real estate attorney
· In-house experience in a technology or Internet company or real estate company
· Experience managing complex real estate transactions, including international real estate transactions
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
· Strong analytical skills
· Practical legal and business judgment and ability to make recommendations to senior business leaders
· The ability to work autonomously, and as part of a global legal team where required
· Strong written and oral communication skills
This role can sit out of Seattle, WA or Arlington, VA.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.