This position is located at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, ENFORCEMENT. As a Deputy Enforcement Director for Litigation, you will manage a group of approximately twenty to thirty attorneys and paralegals enforcing Federal consumer financial laws and prosecuting cases through administrative or court action.
As a Deputy Enforcement Director for Litigation, you will:
- Participate fully with the Enforcement Director in planning, directing, coordinating and evaluating CFPB's Enforcement programs.
- Lead development and implementation of all necessary policies, procedures, and guidelines for conducting investigations, initiating administrative proceedings, and bringing judicial actions to ensure informed and effective decision-making and efficient operations.
- Manage a substantial number of attorneys engaged in enforcement matters concerning depository and non-depository entities.
- Plan overall approach to the conduct of investigations, litigation of cases, and the negotiation of settlements, including determining legal tactics for pursuing prioritized enforcement objectives.
- Coordinate with other Bureau components, including CFPB's Research, Markets, Rulemaking, Legal, Fair Lending, Supervision, and Consumer Education and Engagement functions to ensure that enforcement activities are carried out to support CFPB's legal authorities and Enforcement Office goals.