Practical Law, a Thomson Reuters business, is a leading online provider of legal know-how. We help lawyers practice more efficiently and deliver greater value to clients. As a full-time Practical Law Senior Legal Editor on our Litigation team, you will apply your practical experience to drafting, reviewing and publishing long-form guidance, complex and interactive standard documents, and other important resources in a highly professional environment with other experienced attorneys and work on resources covering securities litigation. This is a dynamic job that allows you to fully utilize and continuously expand your legal and analytical skills. Our subscribers include most major international law firms and corporations, including approximately 85% of the Am Law 200, hundreds of small and mid-size firms and over 1,300 legal departments worldwide.
Practical Law is looking for a Senior Legal Editor with expertise in US securities litigation for our Litigation Service.
About the Role
In this opportunity as Senior Legal Editor, you will:
- Develop ideas for securities litigation content to be published as part of Practical Law’s online services.
- Write, edit, and update legal resources, with a focus on securities litigation substance and procedure, including standard form documents and clauses, practice guidance notes, checklists, and legal updates in accordance with the Practical Law writing style.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external law firm contributors providing litigation resources.
- Write and edit content for Practical Law’s companion magazine, Practical Law The Journal: Litigation.
- Stay informed of current developments and issues in securities litigation to ensure timely updates of existing content and development of new content.
- Contribute content and expertise to current, developing, and new projects.
- Respond to questions from customers about our published content and legal practice.
- Learn to work with new editorial tools or other technology as the work requires.
- Support the product, sales, and marketing teams, and the wider business to ensure delivery of business objectives.
- Meet with customers, potential subscribers, and internal partners to show our securities litigation content and the Practical Law product.
- Adapt to new ways of working and priorities as the needs of customers and the business change.
You’re a fit for the role of Senior Legal Editor if you:
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience working as a litigator in a law firm, public company or government agency, with significant experience in securities litigation.
- Have enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
- Have a keen interest in, and understanding of, the litigation process and court procedure.
- Have a solid understanding of the needs of law firm attorneys and corporate counsel with regard to securities litigation.
- Have a passion for writing and good editing skills
- Have impressive command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English
- Can write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
- Pay very close attention to detail
Experience in the following areas of securities litigation (either plaintiffs’ side or defense) is strongly preferred:
- Securities Act of 1933
- Securities Exchange Act of 1934
- Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
- Investment Company Act of 1940
- Securities Litigation Uniform Standards Act
- Securities class actions
Candidates selected for a second interview will be required to submit a writing sample.
What’s in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your
personal and professional growth through:
- COVID-19 Response: Currently working remotely and following local COVID-19 bylaws and guidelines with the majority of our offices being remote until January 2022. Upon return, we will be embracing a hybrid work environment consisting of in-office and remote work
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking
- Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact
Job posting link: