Company Anchorage Capital Group, L.L.C.
Location New York, NY (currently remote)
Anchorage Capital Group, L.L.C. (“Anchorage”) is a global alternatives investment advisor focused primarily on corporate credit. Combining fundamental research and active trading, Anchorage invests across the credit spectrum and throughout a company’s capital structure, including performing bank loans and bonds, credit derivatives, and distressed debt, as well as restructurings and special situation investments. Anchorage’s philosophy is to pursue what it believes are the best risk-adjusted opportunities on both a long and short basis, seeking to take advantage of perceived valuation inefficiencies by applying fundamental credit and default analysis to a variety of markets. Anchorage has a unified and integrated investment approach across research, trading, restructuring, portfolio group, and infrastructure functions.
- Assisting with the oversight of compliance policies and procedures, preparation of regulatory filings and other compliance related support.
- Assisting with maintenance of hedge funds and private equity style funds.
- Assisting with formation and administration of entities including preparation and drafting of entity organizational documents (such as formation certificates, operating agreements, and board resolutions) and setting up custody and bank accounts.
- Tracking, calendaring and maintaining deadline-driven documents.
- Coordinating legal closings of new private investment funds.
- Reviewing investor subscription documents for accuracy and consistency of responses.
- Assisting with investor side letter requests, including tracking, monitoring and maintenance of side letters.
- Assisting with the preparation of board materials and agendas in advance of board meetings.
- Assisting with specific and ad hoc projects as instructed from time to time.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIRED SKILLS
- 2+ years of relevant
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience as a corporate paralegal, legal assistant or compliance associate with an emphasis on hedge funds or private equity funds required. In-house experience at a registered investment adviser preferred.
- Experience with some or all of the following:
- formation and dissolution of corporate entities, including drafting organizational documents and corporate resolutions;
- hedge fund and/or private equity fund formation processes;
- investor subscription and transfer documentation;
- taking meeting minutes and coordinating board meetings;
- compliance policies and procedures for a registered investment adviser.
- Experience with private fund marketing materials/disclosure documents and investor communications preferred.
- Experience with regulatory filings (SEC) a plus
- Experience reviewing and negotiating general contracts a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point).
- An extremely organized self‐starter able to handle and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and as part of a
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to
- Ability to work in a high‐pressure