Amazon’s Legal Team is looking for a talented attorney to manage cutting-edge international trade legal work in support of our Consumer, Operations and Devices businesses, focusing primarily on customs and import regulatory compliance issues. As part of our team, you will work with retail, compliance, and logistics teams to develop innovative ways to grow and move selection to our global stores and customers. Working with and influencing both external and internal stakeholders, this role will be at the forefront of complex and high-stakes global trade issues affecting current and future business models and technologies.
You’ll be an integral part of the business teams you support, giving input on business and strategy in addition to providing day-to-day legal counsel on a broad range of trade and import regulatory compliance matters. In collaboration with legal and policy teams around the world, you will develop innovative solutions to legal questions and regulatory challenges. In addition, you will manage commercial relationships with customs brokers and will help resolve issues that arise in commercial relationships with logistics service providers. You will develop strategies for handling legal issues in creative, business-centric ways and you will build processes that address risk and allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly.
Position may sit in Seattle or Washington, D.C. Some domestic and international travel may be required
· 5+ years as a practicing attorney, (preferably 2+ years at a top law firm), with meaningful experience in international trade and customs matters related to e-commerce, technology, supply chain logistics, customs brokerage or manufacturing.
· Membership in good standing in at least one state or foreign bar
· Flexible work schedule to accommodate international time zones
· Sound and practical business judgment as well as common sense, creativity, curiosity, and a good sense of humor.
· Experience in analyzing and synthesizing laws across multiple countries.
· Hands-on project management experience, including excellent organizational skills, the ability to manage a large number and variety of mission-critical projects, working independently and often in ambiguous environments.
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.