Job ID: 202203-113849
Position Scope and Key Responsibilities:
The Senior Corporate Counsel, Managed Care, Healthcare Law Group will work as part of the Healthcare Law Group within Genentech's Legal Department. The position will have the opportunity to provide legal advice and support to Genentech's Market Access Function, which includes pricing, contracting, and distribution strategy and operations functions; sales, marketing and account management teams; product logistics support; and other commercial support functions.
Specific activities may include the following:
- Providing advice, education, training and legal direction on:
- Government price reporting, payer/provider contracts, distribution agreements
- Healthcare fraud and abuse laws, privacy, antitrust, and other laws impacting the commercialization of biotech and pharmaceutical drugs, and
- Key policies, procedures, practices and requirements for healthcare and related legal compliance, and on current enforcement trends
- Advising on business strategies, tactical plan development and implementation, and other business issues, including development of legal assessments and solutions-oriented risk mitigation strategies;
- Advising on transactions to support external collaborations and partnerships; and
- Counseling on appropriate relationships with healthcare professionals, clinics and societies, organized customers, patients and advocacy organizations, and government entities.
- Proactively identifying and seizing opportunities to create value and manage legal issues, fostering strong relationships with client groups, creating efficient and effective processes for working with clients, advising senior leaders in the commercial and medical affairs organizations, and acting as a standing or ad hoc member of business or leadership teams.
- Participating in, leading and/or presenting to various Company committees or other advisory, project or work teams.
- At least 7 years of recent relevant legal experience.
- Licensed to practice law in one or more jurisdictions.
- Significant knowledge of enforcement trends, the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act and related regulations, the False Claims Act, and laws related to fraud and abuse in the life science industries.
- Exposure to or experience with regulatory promotional review is helpful but not required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated courageous leadership and organizational savvy necessary to lead and collaborate effectively with cross-functional client teams.
- Team player and strong collaboration skills.
- Strong ability to influence and present complex information to senior leaders and tackle challenging issues beyond the practice area.
- Demonstrated success in proactively and independently driving for and delivering results with high impact.
- Enterprise and growth mindset.
The Healthcare Law Group, as part of the Genentech Law Department, values ongoing professional development and collegiality in support of our vision to be essential partners to our clients, driving business excellence to improve patient lives. We seek and cultivate self- motivated individuals who share this vision and consistently demonstrate excellent judgment and ethics while delivering solutions-oriented, proactive, and strategic legal advice.