Chicago Fire Football Club is a Major League Soccer team that was founded in 1997 and is Chicago’s ambassador to the global sport of soccer. The Club recently returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an audacious and ambitious vision that will transform the brand and the success of the Club in the coming years.
Some of the fabulous employee perks Chicago Fire Football Club offers to full-time employees include:
• Option to work remotely 1 week from any place of choice per year • Flexible work arrangements & hybrid scheduling (upon manager approval) Paid Time Off • 3 weeks of Paid Time Off upon hire • 22 days of paid holiday time off (including 2 weeks off at the end of each calendar year) • 4 hours of Volunteer Time Off per month
Excellent Benefit Programs
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Supplementary Life, Supplementary AD&D, Flexible, Spending Account & Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits • 401k eligibility immediately upon hire with a 3% employer contribution rate • Educational Stipend of $1,500 per year Paid Parental Leave • 14-16 weeks fully paid leave for employees giving birth and 8 weeks fully paid leave for committed partners & spouses – applicable to foster care & adoptive parents as well. • 6 weeks fully paid FMLA leave to care for a family member with a serious medical condition
Office Culture & Facilities • Full game room, frequent happy hours & parties, employee recognition programs, and access to a full workout center & rooftop at our central office.
Chicago Fire Football Club is seeking a diligent and dynamic Paralegal to join our growing team. This position will perform a variety of paralegal duties while reporting to the SVP and General Counsel on a two-person legal team with exposure to many aspects of the business. The Paralegal will support our in-house attorneys in high-volume transactional legal matters, as well as litigation and risk management matters. Responsibilities will include contract and intellectual property portfolio management, document collection, file maintenance, and the preparation of reports, presentations, and training materials. The Paralegal will also facilitate many administrative tasks for the legal team. Job
• Manages contracts and contract lifecycles including template development, platform maintenance, management and roll-out; administrative support for attorney drafting, redlining and negotiating contracts; managing contract execution and filing, together with all phases of the contract management process.
• Assists all attorneys with document collection, litigation hold process, and preparation of due diligence materials, documents, presentations, exhibits, charts, and diagrams.
• Assists in the preparation of corporate governance documents and materials, including minutes, resolutions, and written consents.
• Manages intellectual property lifecycle and portfolios, including collaboration with outside counsel on clearing new marks, handling renewals, obtaining necessary details for filings, including dates of first use, specimens, and validating goods identifications.
• Assists in the investigation of facts in defense of claims, including coordinating interviews and collection of documents.
• Assists with managing and tracking departmental budget, including reviewing and processing invoices from law firms and service providers.
• Assists in administrative tasks including calendaring, scheduling meetings and events, managing carrier and messaging services, and drafting and proofreading communications for the legal team.
• Acts as the administrative liaison for internal teams concerning legal administration of the above matters.
• Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and paralegal certificate or completion of paralegal degree program preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of corporate or other transactional paralegal experience required.
• Previous experience with corporate governance, corporate contracts, intellectual property, litigation, and document retention policies preferred.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all levels (internally and externally).
• Strong organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to quickly process workflow and prioritize, organize, and perform a challenging workload under tight deadlines.
• Team player with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively and actively demonstrate a commitment to prompt and thorough client service.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Advanced skill level with Microsoft Office Suite (focused largely on Outlook, Word, and Excel)
• Must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Chicago Fire Football Club is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club. Chicago Fire Football Club is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Club does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.