This is a hybrid position, 50/50 remote and in the office.
In addition to the base salary, short term incentive plan is offered. This will be discussed during the interview.
At Liberty Mutual, we’re committed to delivering exceptional legal services to our customers around the world, working to uphold and protect our policyholders’ rights and positively impacting our business. As a field attorney at Liberty Mutual, you’ll join a diverse team that values a healthy work/life balance, and you’ll enjoy benefits that include eligible performance bonuses, 20 days of flexible time off each year, personal holidays, a pension plan and a 401(k) plan with matching contributions. If you’re looking for a place to build a long-term career while making a positive difference, consider joining our legal team where you’ll represent Liberty Mutual and our policyholders in complex civil litigation and workers’ compensation matters involving claims for monetary damages or compensation for personal injuries or property damages of heavy value.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you’re a:
- Engaged legal professional: You’ll manage the entire legal process, from investigation and discovery though trial prep and court proceedings representing clients in depositions, site inspections, court hearings, trials, etc. and negotiating settlements as required.
- Strategic partner: Researching all applicable laws and findings, you’ll develop appropriate legal strategies for all stages of litigation and share them with claims representatives and insured clients.
- People person: You’ll establish and maintain good relationships with claims representatives and clients, and occasionally conduct training sessions for Legal, Claims or other departments.
- Effective communicator: You’ll develop and render clear, unambiguous legal opinions and strategies, and draft legal documents including pleadings and motions.
- Collaborative Mentor: As needed, you’ll provide guidance and direction to junior attorneys, prepare and conduct training sessions for the legal and claims departments and collaborate with colleagues who are remotely located.
Primary Location: San Francisco, CA
Education Level: Juris Doctor
Travel: As Needed