Help Microsoft build the cloud! We are looking for an experienced commercial attorney to help support the expansion of Microsoft’s global cloud infrastructure.
This position will focus on counseling and transaction support for the organization managing the multibillion-dollar supply chain for cloud hardware and datacenter technologies, helping build and operate a world-class supply chain meeting high standards for resilience, security, privacy, regulatory compliance, and sustainability.
- Drafting and negotiating high value agreements with top tier suppliers at all levels of Microsoft’s global supply chain for datacenter hardware, covering all aspect of supply chain (such as capacity planning, contract manufacturing, component sourcing, logistics, quality, servicing, and decommissioning).
- Developing strong, trusted advisor relationships and counseling the datacenter supply chain organization on a broad range of legal and policy issues.
- Creating new contract models, templates, and process improvements to improve quality and reduce contract cycle time for supply chain agreements.
- Collaborating with stakeholders within and across organizational boundaries, including sourcing, finance, engineering, contract management, legal specialists, government affairs, community affairs, and PR.
- Counseling and transaction support to adapt our complex supply chain to support novel operating models for datacenters and online services for government customers and customers in critical industry sectors.
- Counseling on compliance with export, international trade, and other regulatory requirements affecting a global supply chain.
- Counseling and transaction support on Microsoft sustainability initiatives for cloud infrastructure.
- A J.D. or international equivalent law degree and an active license to practice law in the US or another international jurisdiction.
- 3+ years as a practicing attorney, ideally with top law firm or in-house experience.
- Microsoft cloud background check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship verification: This position requires verification of US citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Background supporting complex commercial transactions on a first-chair basis, with experience in supply chain issues and transactions, intellectual property, and technology transactions.
- Experience counseling and working with sourcing, engineering, program management, and other non-legal clients on complex commercial and regulatory issues.
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills.