This opening is for a dynamic, highly motivated, and experienced attorney to lead and manage the CELA team delivering legal support for the U.S. Commercial Industries (USCI) business within Microsoft’s United States subsidiary. USCI accounts for approximately $14B in annual revenue and consists of over 1200 enterprise customers within the Financial Services, Retail, Manufacturing and Software & Digital Platform industry verticals.
This role will report directly to the Assistant General Counsel supporting the U.S. Enterprise Commercial business. This role will be based in Redmond, WA or a Microsoft hub location (i.e., Washington, DC, Atlanta, GA, San Francisco, CA, Boston, MA, New York, NY, Chicago, IL, Las Colinas, TX, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, or Los Angeles, CA).
- Manage a team of attorneys and legal professionals providing legal support to USCI business
- Lead drafting, negotiating and advising business clients relative to complex transactions with major commercial customers in the Financial Services, Retail, Manufacturing and Software & Digital Platform industry sectors.
- Partner with business stakeholders and legal colleagues on complex, high-value transactions to resolve blocking issues and shape deal strategy & tactics for efficient deal closure.
- Act as legal executive sponsor for Microsoft's strategic accounts in USCI to build relationships with business and legal decision makers with these customers.
- Coordinating commercial work with outside counsel & overseeing the efficient use of budget allocated to external counsel fees.
- Serve as a primary escalation point of contact on legal issues for the USCI business team and serve as trusted advisor to the senior business executives within the USCI leadership team.
- Lead a group of talented and ambitious legal professions and coach them to achieve high impact, top performance and prioritize on big tasks to support a fast-paced business with urgency, agility and creativity.