At Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
Are you seeking a career that makes a difference in the world? We are seeking an experienced attorney to join our Legal Transactions Center of Excellence at Lilly. We’re interested in a versatile, team-oriented candidate who is interested in working in a dynamic environment with broad responsibility and influence. Does this sound interesting to you? If so, read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
This multidisciplinary position requires that you have the ability to effectively draft, review and negotiate a variety of complex agreements and providing counsel in various substantive areas of commercial law, including manufacturing supply, IT, service agreements, real estate, distribution, warehousing, and general corporate matters. This Counsel will act as a key business partner to support the legal needs of the Procurement organization. The attorney will be expected to provide strategic and legal advice on a variety of issues including analyzing and explaining contract language to team members in clear, concise terms.
Additionally, this Counsel will:
- Take ownership of matters and projects.
- Identify legal issues for assigned matters.
- Assist other attorneys and stakeholders in resolving legal issues on cross-functional projects.
- Develop knowledge of business and client concerns.
- Keep abreast of changes in the law and provide client training as necessary.
- Support process transformation for the client.
- Represent Lilly externally to customers and suppliers.
- Resolve legal issues using negotiation skills and legal expertise.
- Help direct work of outside counsel.
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Candidate must be admitted to the bar in at least one of the fifty states.
- Minimum of 5 years of legal experience related to the drafting, review and negotiation of sophisticated transactions either practicing as a member of a law firm in a relevant area of law or practicing at an in-house law department, or a combination of the two.
- Experience managing outside counsel.
- Experience in leading and directing small teams.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify opportunities for creative and innovative solutions to transactional issues and process improvements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to influence others.
- Sound judgement, commitment to ethical conduct and a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated business acumen.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage workflows for multiple assignments in parallel.
- Ability to effectively and responsively collaborate with team members, other lawyers and members of management across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to quickly understand and integrate with Lilly Legal and pharmaceutical industry, and ability to absorb complex technical and scientific information on a project-by-project basis.