Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an uncrewed traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for Sr. Legal Counsel to join our Legal team based in Palo Alto, California. This is a hybrid position. The ideal candidate has a passion for all things aviation, transportation and consumer delivery- including demonstrated knowledge of the legal requirements of building a successful, scalable business on an international basis. Commercial transactions, regulatory, IP and/or product counsel subject matter expertise highly preferred.
What You’ll Do:
- Support and advise technical and non-technical teams on a wide variety of matters, including corporate and transactional matters, regulatory issues, and technology development
- Engage and embed with client groups to identify and resolve legal issues before they become legal problems - compliance by design!
- Be a legal general athlete - flex and go where you are needed to apply your legal expertise
- Keep abreast of the rapidly changing industry and legal landscape related to issues associated with emerging technologies globally
What You’ll Need:
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
- Member of state and local bar associations in good standing
- 10+ years legal experience with subject matter expertise in commercial transactions, regulatory, IP, product counsel
- Fluency translating legal advice into strategic, actionable guidance for innovative product and business teams
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills, and high attention to detail without sacrificing sense of urgency
- Ability to prioritize, and manage projects effectively with minimal supervision
- Intellectual curiosity and practical business judgment and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated executor with ability to take action with little direction, even when faced with lots of ambiguity
- Operate with respect, desire to collaborate, communicate and work across time zones to get the best outcomes for the company
- Passion or interest in aviation
- Patent counsel expertise