Liberty University School of Law invites applicants for a full-time associate professor in the residential Juris Doctor program. The most competitive applicants will demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching and possess a strong Biblical worldview. Additionally, faculty need to passionately support our mission to equip future leaders in law with a superior legal education in fidelity to the Christian faith expressed through the Holy Scriptures. Liberty University School of Law is part of the broadest community in the world, namely the kingdom of God which encompasses every nation, ethnic group, and language. Accordingly, we welcome and encourage faculty candidates from across this diverse spectrum to apply.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Teach first-year, upper division required, and elective classes
- Engage in scholarship
- Mentor students
- Provide timely feedback in the form of assessments, grading, and other requested formats
- Follow guidelines, policies, and procedures as outlined in the faculty handbook
Education and Experience
- J.D. Degree from an ABA accredited law school
- Recognized academic and professional background
- Must give unmistakable promise of ability for excellent teaching, scholarship, service, and ability to work as part of a team.
- At least three years of prior law school teaching experience or at least seven years of practice experience required.
- Clear demonstration of commitment to the mission as evidenced by past scholarship
- Commitment to student mentoring and professional development
- Enthusiasm for working with law students