Be unstoppable with us!
T-Mobile is synonymous with innovation–and you could be part of the team that disrupted an entire industry! We reinvented customer service, brought real 5G to the nation, and now we’re shaping the future of technology in wireless and beyond. Our work is as exciting as it is rewarding, so consider the career opportunity below as your invitation to grow with us, make big things happen with us, above all, #BEYOU with us. Together, we won’t stop!
At T-Mobile, we strongly encourage everyone, including people of color, veterans, military spouses, individuals with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, and parents to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome everyone to our team. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing ApplicantAccommodation@t-mobile.com or calling 1-844-873-9500. Please note, this contact channel is not a means to apply for or inquire about a position and we are unable to respond to non-accommodation related requests.
T-Mobile has consistently been recognized as a Best Place to Work thanks to our crew of diverse, multi-talented self-starters who are ready to go go go… And T-Mobile is recognized as a best place to work for LGBTQ employee by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index five years in a row. A designated Military Friendly Employer by Military Friendly for eleven years running. And with a 100% score on the Disability Equality Index, our diversity across gender, race and ideas drives us forward.
T-Mobile has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Corporate Counsel – Intellectual Property – Patents role. This role will work on the Corporate Intellectual Property team representing the organization on a wide range of intellectual property matters with an emphasis on patent prosecution and IP licensing matters. This position will provide counsel across the organization on legal matters related to patents, copyrights, and trade secrets.
What you’ll do in your role.
- Be part of a Team that provides day-to-day legal advice, builds, protects, and maintains T-Mobile’s intellectual property assets, drafts a variety of transaction related documents, and manages resolution of legal disputes and risks related to intellectual property.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the engineering and procurement organizations related to intellectual property protection, authorized use, and risk mitigation.
- Support business negotiations and draft associated agreements for complex intellectual property issues.
- Effectively and efficiently work with other in-house subject matter experts, legal teams, outside legal counsel to advise leadership and solve problems.
- Think like the “Uncarrier” in the context of all that you do for T-Mobile, with a customer-focused, solution-oriented approach to all matters.
The experience you’ll bring.
- 7+ years as an in house, top law firm, or government attorney with relevant intellectual property experience, including patent prosecution, software licensing and a variety of dispute resolution related to intellectual property disputes.
- Technical acumen related to wireless communications, networks, software, cybersecurity, or artificial intelligence/machine learning.
- Experience working on IP issues related to marketing, indirect sales, supply chain, and/or other non-legal contract management organizations preferable with a top-level brand in a technical space.
- Experience handling a high volume or high complexity of work with the ability to prioritize, work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines, and balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Quick learner with flexibility to take on matters in new areas.
- Creative problem solver and results oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical, drafting, negotiation, and research skills.
- Ability to operate independently and effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to collaborate and team-up with other legal and business professionals in a complex organization with a focus on delivering results.
- Ability to interact with a range of personalities and roles across the business with executive maturity.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills with a strong record of effective cross-group collaboration.
- Ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks, think strategically and advance creative, practical solutions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information.
- Excellent business judgment, and a proven ability to juggle multiple competing priorities.
- A U.S. law degree and admission to at least one state bar and the USPTO required.