We currently have an opportunity for Coverage Litigation Attorney to join Coverage Litigation Team in our Denver CO, Plymouth, MN or Anaheim, CA offices. This is a coverage litigation attorney position that directly representing the company in complex coverage disputes before courts, arbitration panels, and mediators. Advises claim professionals in their handling and resolution of litigated coverage disputes. Responsible for all phases of litigation with a caseload of some complexity, whether by settlement, trial or appeal. The coverage litigation attorney works to develop the skills necessary to independently litigate complex coverage litigation disputes.
- Directly handles a consistent workload of coverage litigation files, with the lead, senior or managing coverage litigation attorney(s), on Intact’s behalf. Responsible for all phases of litigation and efficient resolution of litigation of some complexity, whether by settlement, trial or appeal.
- Works with lead, senior or managing coverage litigation attorneys on all aspects of litigated files, including discovery, depositions, alternative dispute resolution, motion practice, trial, and appeal.
- Complies with best practices to protect the interest of the company on all assigned cases in an ethical and zealous manner. Conducts all research for and drafting of pleadings, appeals and motions.
- Negotiates settlements.
- Interfaces and provides counsel to claim professionals as coverage litigation develops through trial, alternative dispute resolution or motion practice.
- Reviews and reports all large cases to managing attorney and prepares timely reports as required.
- Maintains a strong professional knowledge of legal environments in multi-jurisdictional practice and applies this knowledge effectively.
- Interfaces with and directs paralegals and other staff in the production of documents and litigation file management.
- Collaborates with the group’s paralegals, assistants, attorneys, management, and the company’s claim professionals in a team-oriented environment.
- Must have the ability to diagnose, analyze and solve complex problems and a working knowledge of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Federal Rules of Evidence.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
Education and Experience:
- 4-6 years of experience litigating coverage disputes.
- Substantial experience with research, drafting, discovery depositions, mediations and trial preparation required.
- Trial experience in State and Federal Court preferred.
- JD required.
- Admitted to practice law in at least one state and eligible for pro hac vice admission in other jurisdictions.
Salary Range for Anaheim, CA: $108,000- $127,000 (plus bonus potential)
Salary Range for Denver, CO: $98,000- $116,000 (plus bonus potential)