Manning Gross + Massenburg LLP ("MG+M") is a nationally renowned litigation law firm concentrating on complex civil matters. The firm's expertise is diverse but focused in the areas of toxic tort, complex product liability, local government, general liability, and commercial litigation. We approach litigation as a unified team, integrating our efforts with those of our clients to advance their interests wherever they do business. Our goal is always to deliver optimal results at the best possible value. MG+M has an immediate opening for an Associate Attorney in our New York office to handle local and national accounts in New York and New Jersey.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Independently manage a litigation caseload
• Conduct depositions
• Prepare witnesses for deposition and trial
• Review and analyze discovery requests
• Prepare and respond to discovery responses and pleadings
• Prepare court filings and service to counsel; experience with e-filing
• Trial preparation and support
• Maintain accurate time records
• Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
• Minimum two years’ litigation experience
• Admitted to practice in New York and preferably New Jersey
• Experience with motion practice and depositions
• Experience taking lead in plaintiff and expert depositions
• Capable of independent work
• Work in an organized and efficient manner
• Superior research and writing skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to analyze complex matters
Why Should You Apply?
Manning Gross + Massenburg LLP offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k).
As an EOE/AA employer, MG+M will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status