Amazon’s Mexico Legal Team is seeking a talented attorney to support our Consumer Business, a large and diverse team building the technology and programs that help millions of customers shop in our stores. You will provide day-to-day legal support to business clients focused on launching new initiatives and product categories. You will partner with the business team on a broad range of product, commercial, and regulatory matters, such as ensuring compliance with regulators, considering legal issues of first impression, and supporting strategic business relationships.
Amazon is a leader in global e-commerce. Our innovative technologies change the way people find, discover and buy products and services. Lawyers at Amazon are trusted members of the business. Our work is intellectually challenging and exciting. Developing innovative solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily business.
Principal duties include:
· Providing ongoing legal counseling in a wide range of legal areas, such as competition, consumer protection, privacy, and regulatory compliance;
· Serving as lead counsel and directly advising business clients on products, services, and strategic deals;
· Resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries; and
· Structuring, drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements, including technology, distribution, licensing and marketing contracts.
· Law degree from a top Mexican university
· 2+ years of experience practicing law
· Strong communication, analytical, and computer skills
· Fluency in English and Spanish (written and oral), including the ability to draft and negotiate contracts
· In-house experience is a plus
· Legal experience in any of the following areas is a plus: retail, regulatory, cross-border transactions
· Sound judgment in ambiguous situations
· Ability to influence and guide senior leaders
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines in a fast-moving environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us..