Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company? Come make history with Amazon Studio’s legal department. We are looking for a talented Corporate Counsel to support our rapidly evolving and expanding original local Spanish language programming slates in Latin America.
In this role, you will be responsible for all legal aspects during the course of development, production and marketing of Amazon’s original Spanish language scripted and unscripted television series and feature-length motion pictures in certain countries across Latin America.
Key responsibilities include:
· Structuring, drafting, and negotiating production services and underlying rights agreements, as well as above-the-line talent agreements for actors, writers, producers, and directors, and below-the-line crew and other production-related agreements.
· Structuring tax incentive arrangements.
· Evaluating chain-of-title and rights issues, and reviewing content for legal risks as well as standards and practices compliance, and reviewing marketing and publicity materials.
· Overseeing local outside counsel and advising on day-to-day production issues.
· Partnering with creative, business and production teams to ensure that agreements are timely negotiated, scripts are reviewed prior to shooting, and legal compliance issues are addressed throughout production.
· Analyzing and interpreting contracts and providing thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of legal and regulatory areas, including intellectual property, defamation, rights of publicity and privacy rights, guilds/unions, labor and employment, immigration, public policy, safety, and compliance matters.
· Assisting with the development of forms, processes and policies.
· Juris Doctor and membership in good standing in at least one state bar (or equivalent).
· 5+ years of relevant legal experience, including working as a lawyer for television or feature film productions.
· Fluent or business proficient in Spanish and English
· A mix of law firm and in-house experience, preferably at a network, studio or production company.
· Ability to work independently while effectively supporting and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
· Strong analytical skills and a solutions-oriented approach to addressing issues.
· Capability to manage a high volume of projects and meet deadlines.
· Practical and sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
· Excellent organizational and communication skills.
· Experience working on Spanish language local original content, preferably in LATAM.
· Preference for candidate to be based in or willing to relocate to Los Angeles.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.