This position is located at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Office of Enforcement. As an Assistant Litigation Deputy (Supv Atty Adv), you will be assisting a Deputy Assistant Director for Enforcement ("Litigation Deputy") who is responsible for enforcing federal consumer financial laws to protect consumers from harm, including by partnering with other federal and state agencies.
As an Assistant Litigation Deputy (Supv Atty Adv), you will:
- Assist a Litigation Deputy in coordinating the work of a group of Enforcement attorneys.
- Act as the front-line supervisor of line Enforcement attorneys assigned matters, investigations, cases, and supervision exams.
- Exercise technical and administrative supervision of a team of line Enforcement attorneys assigned matters, investigations, and litigation.
1. Law Degree: Applicants must be a graduate of an accredited law school with an LL.B., J.D. or equivalent.
2. Bar Membership: Applicants must be a current member of a bar with a valid license to practice law in a state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
3. Specialized Experience: Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience at the next lower grade level, or equivalent, that has equipped them with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to successfully perform the duties of this position. Requires demonstrated research and analytical ability, public policy interest, and strong oral and written communication skills. Experience in the areas specified in the Job Summary section of this announcement is strongly desired. Demonstrated experience in administrative law, Federal consumer financial protection and/or regulatory law is preferred.