Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our patients at home. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful, and compassionate people, to meet the needs of our patients. Already an industry leader in healthcare services, we provide home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help our patients sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer.
Apria seeks a seasoned SEC/M&A attorney with experience in the following substantive areas: mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, public company securities law, including proxy statements, current and periodic reporting, insider trading compliance, and corporate governance; executive compensation; and corporate financing. In this role you will work collaboratively with financial reporting, capital management and treasury teams to ensure that all securities filings are timely and in compliance with all laws and regulations. You will interact with and advise senior management in the above substantive areas. This position also involves risk analysis; regulatory compliance; supporting the Corporate Secretary in advising the Board of Directors and preparing materials for Board meetings; and training internal clients on legal issues. You must have excellent writing skills and must be capable of handling most matters with a minimum of supervision.
Most importantly, Apria wants an attorney who will contribute positively to Apria’s vision and core values by helping to preserve a diverse, inclusive, and psychologically safe work environment. Key leadership activities of this position include the following:
- Serving as a true business partner who puts the strategic objectives of the company first and strives to meet business needs.
- Thinking ahead to anticipate the needs of the business and develop processes and tools that minimize risks and capture opportunities.
- Maintaining a big picture perspective; able to link programs, activities, and communications in ways that support a cohesive employee experience.
- Continuously developing and deepening personal expertise in the areas of responsibility applicable to the role, staying informed in the relevant areas of law and regulation as they develop and bringing learnings into the company.
- Handling high-level strategy for team structure and growth plans, relationships with our Apria teams and issues escalated by managers and individual contributors.
- Taking ultimate personal ownership of the results achieved or missed within this area of responsibility, learning from these achievements and misses to drive continuous improvement.
- Motivating team members to be fully engaged and to perform at their fullest potential.
- Leading by example with clear direction, constructive feedback, and a communication style that results in trust and optimism.
- Recognizing high performance and celebrating the accomplishments of colleagues.
- Encouraging creativity.
- Suggesting and organizing team-building activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that the Company complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations within the associate’s areas of responsibility, in particular the public company reporting requirements of the 1933 and 1934 Securities Acts.
- Lead from the legal perspective the production of the company’s 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-Ks.
- Co-lead, along with the finance team, the production of the annual shareholder report and proxy.
- Develop and maintain the right policies and training related to insider trading, Regulation FD, and director and Section 16 officer trading in Apria securities.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- This position will manage a paralegal and potentially other direct reports of the department. Accordingly, the attorney must be skilled in performance management, hiring, and discipline of direct reports.
- Provides direction and guidance in work assignments.
- Provides timely coaching and feedback to reports.
- Ensures work assignments are completed accurately, efficiently and timely.