Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company? Come make history with Amazon’s legal department!
We are looking for a Contracts Manager to support Amazon’s Global Real Estate and Facilities team and our affiliates in corporate office and other workplace real estate requirements around the world. We are looking for someone who has the uncanny ability to always know where they are needed, who can identify and implement process improvements, can effectively manage landlord, broker, and vendor relationships and work cross-functionally with other teams to deliver results at a global level.
Your responsibilities will include: leading contract negotiations and drafting contracts, including services, maintenance, and construction agreements and their related work orders, and lease extensions, terminations, and amendments; handling asset management documentation and disputes; coordinating and tracking review of due diligence materials and SNDAs and estoppels; developing internal processes to track real estate and other transactions from beginning to end, including post-closing items; and communicating with outside counsel.
You must have excellent oral and written communication skills as this position involves direct contact with principal business owners, their vendors, and our internal stakeholders around the world. You will need to demonstrate comfort and skill with technological tracking systems, and a proven ability to devise simplifying methods to scale workflows effectively. Flexibility, sharp organizational and process-oriented skills, a self-starting work ethic, and keen attention to detail are required.
· BA/BS degree
· 5+ years of contract management, paralegal or other comparable experience within a law firm or legal department
· Primary and autonomous experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a broad range of commercial transactional contracts relating to real estate leasing, construction, and/or asset and property management matters
· Commercial real estate and/or construction contract and transactional experience
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines.
· Ability to negotiate and draft in languages other than English, including Tagalog, Korean, Taiwanese/Chinese, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, Italian, German, or Arabic
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individualswith disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.