IQVIA seeks an experienced and highly motivated attorney who is enthusiastic about managing global licensing strategies and initiatives for proprietary information, data, analytics, software, technology and other intellectual property rights. In this newly created position, you will partner closely with legal subject matter experts and commercial stakeholders to investigate, improve and implement strategies that appropriately balance strategic commercial objectives, client needs, and evolving intellectual property protection laws. You will work collaboratively with talented attorneys and commercial colleagues worldwide in a collegial and supportive environment that rewards, recognizes and respects achievement.
- Develop and drive global licensing strategies and initiatives to protect IQVIA’s proprietary information, data, analytics, technology and other intellectual property rights.
- Advise legal and commercial colleagues on licensing strategies, models and contract terms that protect IQVIA’s intellectual property rights in support of a wide variety of business activities, including market research, artificial intelligence and machine learning, professional services, clinical research trials, commercial and strategic partnerships, product and software development and distribution agreements.
- Create and rollout enterprise-wide policies, guidelines, templates, communications, training and metrics to ensure IQVIA’s licensing programs are effective.
- Continuously evaluate and update licensing strategies and results based on market trends, commercial opportunities and changes in intellectual property protection laws.
- Develop strategic relationships and actively engage key stakeholders within IQVIA’s commercial business units and corporate organizations (e.g., research & development, marketing, sales, human resources, legal and compliance) on important licensing issues.
- Educate and train stakeholders on key licensing and IP protection issues.
- Oversee outside counsel in connection with licensing and other matters relating to IQVIA’s intellectual property programs and activities.
- Support other intellectual property protection programs as needed.
- Reports to the Chief Intellectual Property Counsel.
- 8+ years transactional experience acquired in law firm and/or in-house environments, developing and negotiating software, technology and data licensing agreements. Candidates with more experience highly desired.
- Experience developing and implementing IP licensing protection strategies and programs.
- Preference if you also have:
- Experience with big data, analytics and secondary uses of healthcare data.
- 2+ years of IP protection experience covering patents, trademarks, copyrights and/or trade secrets at a law firm or as in-house counsel.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to investigate business needs, understand complex topics and identify critical issues in a timely manner.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to rethink existing practices to more effectively promote strategic commercial goals.
- Driven by intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to learn.
- Strong work ethic and results-oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and balance competing issues and direct resources accordingly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and law degree from an accredited school required; advanced education or degree a plus.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but unsure whether you should apply? At IQVIA, we support a growth mindset for our attorneys through all stages of their careers. If you meet a majority of our requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.