We are seeking an attorney to join our dynamic and collaborative in-house Legal Department. In this high-profile, hands-on role you will report to the Associate General Counsel, Corporate Law and will be responsible for providing counsel to client groups on a wide variety of Real Estate matters.
• Provide advice and counseling to the General Manager – Real Estate and other internal clients on a wide array of real estate issues relating to the Company’s industrial footprint and legacy properties in various states.
• In-house legal point of contact for high profile, multi-million-dollar industrial real estate transactions. Responsible for drafting and/or oversight of all real estate transaction documents including purchase and sale agreements, deeds, right of ways, access and easement agreements and utility services.
• Prefer experience involving brown-field real estate transactions and mining properties. Must be familiar with legacy liability issues such as environmental and familiar with risk transfer concepts and insurance, mining and mineral rights, and water rights.
• Draft, improve and update standard real estate, construction, and facilities management forms.
• Manage and coordinate outside counsel including review of critical documents, preparing an outside counsel budget, and monitoring same.
• Assist the Corporate/Commercial group as needed with other commercial/transactional work such as M&A activity, sales and purchasing contracts and other misc. corporate law activities.
• Maintains a corporate culture with a high degree of emphasis on dignity, respect, and
• Carries out other duties as assigned.
• Juris Doctor and licensed to practice law in at least one state and in good standing is required.
• Prefer a minimum of ten years’ experience involving industrial site real estate work.
• Experience with title transfer and recording of deeds, licenses, easements, rights of way and other property related recordable paper. Also prefer experience with mineral and mining rights.
• Environmental compliance, construction and development projects, zoning, and land use matters experience desired. Prior mergers and acquisitions experience a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• This position may be fully remote. Occasional travel required.