- Review, draft and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including:
- technology and IT agreements (such as SaaS, networking, software license and ad tech and data license agreements),
- online terms and platform agreements,
- master and professional services agreements,
- vendor, consultant, and supplier agreements,
- other agreements to support U.S. and international business activities.
- Handle all transactional work for the print business, including print, paper, distribution, and related agreements.
- In coordination with privacy and data governance colleagues, review, draft and negotiate contracts and amendments relating to data privacy and protection.
- Work closely with and function as team lead for the strategic sourcing department and risk committee.
- Work closely with and function as team lead for the contracts management system.
- Review, draft and negotiate other agreements, such as brand and content licensing, content distribution, marketing, sponsorship, venue rental, and other traditional and new media agreements.
- Identify and analyze legal issues, help determine business terms and structure transactions, and provide advice to colleagues that balances business objectives and legal risk.
- Coordinate the improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes, including developing training and templates, supporting a contract management system, and working with our procurement function.
- Remain current on legal decisions, statutory changes and other developments, and advise clients accordingly.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Undergraduate and J.D. degrees from recognized institutions and a member of the New York Bar.
- At least five years’ relevant work experience that includes the handling of a broad range of commercial and technology transactions.
- Substantial understanding of commercial, technology, intellectual property, and licensing laws.
- Ability to contribute to discussions of general business issues; to work well with a wide range of clients; and to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to balance competing demands under time pressure.
- Excellent judgment and professional integrity.
- Working knowledge of domestic and international privacy law (e.g., GDPR and CCPA).