Senior Counsel, Credit Law
This position provides legal advice and recommendations in support of the Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s credit card programs, loyalty programs and FDS Bank.
Location: Mason, OH or Remote, Any US location (virtual).
- Counsel clients with regard to consumer credit regulations including, but not limited to Truth-in-Lending, Equal Credit Opportunity and Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Provide advice regarding bank governance matters.
- Follow developments in consumer credit and bank regulatory law and advise clients regarding the same.
- Review marketing materials related to credit programs and related loyalty products.
- Manage credit-related litigation with in-house litigators or outside counsel.
- Perform other legal related work as assigned.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Degree from accredited college and law school required.
- Valid, active license to practice law in good standing required.
- 10 or more years of legal experience in substantive practice area or subgroup specialty required.
- Several years of law firm and/or corporate experience managing significant projects required.
- Must have demonstrated experience counseling clients with consumer credit regulations including, but not limited to Truth-in-Lending, Equal Credit Opportunity and Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
- Must have above average mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages, and the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Individual contributor that is fully proficient in applying established standards.
- Knowledge base acquired from several years of experience in particular area.
- This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and office equipment.
- May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Ability to coach, mentor or instruct other less experienced legal staff and help them resolve problems.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- Ability to travel occasionally as needed.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Great Work/Life Balance
Endless opportunities. Countless possibilities.