We are looking to hire an Attorney II to defend lawsuits against GEICO insureds and represents GEICO in subrogation, Uninsured Motorist (UM) and Underinsured Motorist (UIM), PIP lawsuits filed in courts of limited jurisdiction and, in the discretion of the Managing Attorney, in courts of unlimited jurisdiction.
• Researching laws and preparing legal briefs, opinions, and memoranda
• Ability to render opinions on liability, damages, and value as requested by the Claims Department.
• Prepare and handle pleadings, motions, and discovery, to include depositions/examinations before trial and examinations under oath based on jurisdiction, and defend by trial, arbitration, or mediation all matters assigned, as applicable
• Juris Doctor degree required
• Admission to the Georgia Bar required
• Must be licensed in good standing to practice law in applicable jurisdictions, and meet and maintain licensing requirements including mandatory Continuing Legal Education (CLE) requirements where applicable
• Must have a minimum of 3-4 years of litigation experience, including insurance defense or personal injury
• Must be able to travel as required, including but not limited, to attend trials, hearings, depositions, management meetings and conferences
• Must be able to communicate in a professional manner in person, via telephone and written correspondence/email
• Must be able to document files in a clear, concise, professional written manner, to be understood by customers, clients, co-workers and other employees of the organization
• Must be able to follow complex instructions, resolve conflicts or facilitate conflict resolution, and have strong organization/priority setting and multi-tasking skills
• Must be able to learn and apply large amounts of technical and procedural information
• Must demonstrate successful performance in handling primary trial responsibility for cases of moderate severity and complexity
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program* that includes:
Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.